Windows 10 Enterprise E3 and E5 are upgrades for Windows 10 Pro to enable enterprise capabilities.
Windows 10 Enterprise plans include
- All Windows Pro capabilities: Windows Enterprise E3 and E5 provides all the capabilities of Windows Pro, including a modern interface, apps, cloud integration, and enhanced security.
- DirectAccess: Mobile workers can connect securely to your organizational network anytime they have Internet access — without the need for VPN. IT administrators using Windows Server can manage mobile computers by updating Group Policy settings and distributing software updates anytime the mobile computer has Internet connectivity.
- Windows To Go: You can create a copy of an employee's Windows workspace on a USB drive. This allows employees to access a secure, bootable version of their Windows Enterprise desktop on another PC regardless of that PC's operating system. The device must meet Windows hardware certification requirements.
- BranchCache: Your organization's PCs can cache files, websites, and other content from central servers running Windows Server so that content is not repeatedly downloaded across your network. This can minimize network traffic between branch offices and the main office.
- BitLocker drive encryption: BitLocker encrypts hard drives more quickly to protect sensitive data from being accessed by unauthorized users who come into possession of any of your organization's computers.
- Advanced Threat Protection: Windows 10 Enterprise E5 includes Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection to protect endpoints from cyber-threats, detect advanced attacks and data breaches, automate security incidents, and more.
See the Features tab for a comparison of subscription options.
Benefits for Organizations
If you have system administration experience, you can use Windows Enterprise with Windows Server to
- Provide mobile workers with access to your organizational network without the need for VPN
- Allow employees to securely take a bootable version of their Windows Enterprise desktop on a USB drive to other computers
- Enhance network performance and minimize bandwidth usage
Windows 10 Pro Required
Windows 10 Enterprise E3 and E5 can only be used on devices that already have Windows 10 Pro installed.
Microsoft Cloud subscriptions obtained through TechSoup include the following support services.
- Setup and assignment of licenses
- Ongoing management and support to add or remove licenses, resolve billing issues or errors, and escalate cases directly with Microsoft
- Ongoing consultations and self-service tools to help determine the correct licenses or products for your organization
- Resources such as webinars, invitation-only events, and how-to guides to support adoption and use
- Flexible billing options